2. Don’t be overhastyTake your time to know the person over the Internet and let the relationship develop before you meet them in person. Ask a lot of questions. This will help you find out if you're compatible. Keep the old e-mail to compare the information they give you and watch for inconsistencies.
3. Always be on your guardDon't believe everything you read online. When communicating online people can pretend to be whatever and whomever they like.
4. Ask for a second opinionAsk a friend to read over the e-mail you receive. An unbiased observer can spot warning signs that you have missed.
5. Don't assume that a man is safeJust because he claims to be religious.
6. Don't give out personal information onlineThis is information that would allow someone to find you offline, i.e. your full name, where you work, where you live, your phone or fax number. Use an anonymous e-mail address through services like Hotmail.com or Yahoo.com. When setting up the account, be sure not to include any of your personal information.
7. Start with a phone callDon't give out your home number until you're comfortable. And when you are ready give him your cell phone number instead of your home phone number. The reason why is because someone armed with your home phone number can easily find out what your home address is.
8. Meet in a public placeIf possible, double date or go out with a group of people. This would be a safe way to start. Start with coffee or lunch. Avoid secluded areas such as parks.
9. Always let someone else know where you're goingMake sure a friend knows whom you are meeting, where you're going and when you're coming back. You might even consider arranging a time to call and check in. Or you could arrange to meet up with friends later that night. Keep all the e-mail and let your friend know where to find them if anything goes wrong.
10. Take a cellular phone with you
11. Use your own mode of transportationAnd leave with a full tank. Don’t let them pick you up from your home nor escort you home.
12. Never leave public areas or go home with your dateStay in public until you know the person better.
13. Be careful when drinkingRemember that alcohol affects your judgment and lessens your inhibitions. If you are drinking, keep your drink in sight at all times and don’t get so drunk that you don’t know what you are doing.
14. Trust your intuitionIf it doesn't feel right, it probably isn't. And if you haven’t met him before, and you know at the beginning of the date that something doesn’t feel right, then leave immediately.
15. Report any attacks or threatsDon't
be embarrassed to report problems to the police. Remember, if you don't report them, the same thing could happen to someone else. Also, report any problems to the online dating service you have used.
Link : http://thailandwomen.org/tips-for-thai-safe-online-dating.htm